This course is designed to acquaint students with the basic functions of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) using the industry standard Pro Tools software. Topics include basic digital audio theory, recording, editing and mixing basics within the Pro Tools software, an introduction to MIDI, sequencing, and virtual software instruments. Upon completion, students should have an understanding of digital audio, basic recording and editing within Pro Tools software, and MIDI sequencing.
Upon completion of this course with a “C” or better, students should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate basic understanding of digital audio workstations (DAWs)
- Identify digital audio basic theory (sample rate and bit depth) and their importance
- Demonstrate basic proficiency of Avid’s Pro Tools software
- Create and set up basic Pro Tools sessions
- Demonstrate basic MIDI sequencing
- Demonstrate basic Pro Tools audio editing