MIC 201 : Survey of the Recording Industry
This course provides an overview of the recording industry. Topics will include music publishing, artist and label contracts, artist management and agents, live performance agreements, and marketing and entrepreneurship. Upon completion students should have a basic understanding of the many various parts of business side of the recording industry.
Upon completion of this course with a “C” or better, students should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate understanding of music publishing and copyright
- Demonstrate understanding of the roles of music industry managers and agents
- Identify the contract points of an artist or label contract
- Demonstrate understanding of live performance agreements and riders
- Define and create a DIY marketing and entrepreneurship plan.