This course is designed to teach advanced DAW audio recording, sequencing, and mixing techniques using the industry standard Pro Tools software. Emphasis is placed on projects and writing songs using MIDI and virtual instruments. Students should be able to sequence and perform advanced editing using MIDI and create finished mixes.
Upon completion of this course with a “C” or better, students should be able to do the following:
- Create advanced Pro Tools session files
- Demonstrate basic mixing techniques within Pro Tools
- Complete a variety of Pro Tools projects including video and stem mixing
- Create professional final mixes and audio bounces within Pro Tools
- Create original songs using audio, MIDI, and virtual instruments