- The following schedule of fee penalties will be applied to parking and traffic violations.
- Failure to properly display parking decals in vehicle $10.00
- Speeding on campus $10.00
- Running stop sign $10.00
- Unauthorized parking in zones for disabled
- Fire lane violations,
- Improper parking (example: taking up two spaces) $10.00
- Other violations (example: obscured decal,
entering or exiting in the wrong direction) $10.00
- All fines must be paid within 7 days of ticketing. Fines that are not paid within the 7 days automatically double.
- A student may not register for classes nor have transcripts released until all fines are paid.
- Any student wishing to appeal a parking/traffic fine may do so by appearing before the S.G.A. Parking/Traffic Appeals Committee. This is a three-member committee made up of students appointed by the Student Government Association. It is charged with the responsibility of hearing and ruling on each case in which a student appeals having received a parking ticket. The committee meets on a scheduled basis in Chasteen Student Services Center, Decatur Campus. Parking appeals in the Huntsville location should be made to the Dean of that site.