Calhoun Community College offers qualified high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. This program differs from Dual Enrollment in that participating students receive college credit only; no high school credit is awarded for course taken under the Accelerated High School program.
- The student must have successfully completed the 10th grade;
- The student must provide certification each semester from the local principal and/or his/her designee that the student has a minimum cumulative 3.0 average and recommends the student for enrollment (the accelerated high school approval form can be found on the Dual Enrollment page at the Admissions link on our website: https://calhoun.edu/dual-enrollment/accelerated-high-school-program)
- In addition to the approval form, the student must provide an official high school transcript;
- The student must provide qualifying ACT, SAT or placement scores;
- The student may enroll only in postsecondary courses for which the high school prerequisites have been completed