Academic Program Changing

Requests for a change of academic program should be completed in writing with an Academic Advisor in the Advising Center at either the Decatur or Huntsville location. The completed form will then be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records. Students should be aware of the possible consequences resulting from a change of academic program -transferability of courses completed, new requirements for graduation, job potential, limit on total number of courses for financial aid eligibility, etc. Students should discuss these implications with their advisor prior to completing the change of major form. Students affected by VA regulations should also consult Veterans Services staff in the Financial Aid office prior to initiating any change of major.

All major changes will be effective the subsequent academic term following the submission of the request.